This page will be regularly updated as more links and information become available.
WA Government information and advice
WA’s regional border restrictions are changing on Monday 18 May. Phase 2 of easing restrictions in WA will allow more travel within Western Australia than under the current restrictions.
The new regional boundaries will allow:
– travel between the South-West, Great Southern, Wheatbelt, Perth and Peel regions;
– travel between the Mid-West, Gascoyne and Pilbara regions
– travel within the Goldfields-Esperance region
– travel permitted within the Kimberley between local government areas
The existing rules and processes for exempt travel across regional boundaries will apply for travel between these four new regions.
Exemptions apply to those travelling across regional borders for:
- work purposes;
- to transport freight;
- to attend medical appointments;
- to attend school or an educational institution (where necessary);
- to those who do not have access to groceries or supplies within their region
- catering for family members; and
- compassionate grounds.
For clarity, the freight industry will continue to operate and is permitted to travel through regional boundaries.
People are encouraged, where possible, to assist police by preparing documentation, such as a letter/email/SMS from an employer, to support their travel.
For further information visit the WA.gov.au travel and transport advice page.
Continue to visit WA.gov.au for all updates on intrastate travel restrictions.
Business advice and support
(Gascoyne region-specific) Business Local Service delivered by RSM https://www.rsmbusinesslocal.com.au/