This grant is currently closed and will reopen soon.
“RED Grants projects are expected to attract co-investment from other sectors, as well as foster local partnerships and collaboration that last well beyond the term of the program.” Hon. Alannah MacTiernan, Minister for Regional Development
The Regional Economic Development (RED) Grants program is a State Government initiative that invests in locally-driven projects to stimulate economic growth and development in regional Western Australia.
The grants will support individual projects that promote sustainable jobs, partnerships, productivity, skills and capability, as well as stimulate new investment and industry diversification.
The State Government’s Royalties for Regions program has invested $22.5 million towards the RED Grants program as part of the 2018/19 State Budget.
An amount of $6.3 million was allocated for the first round of RED Grants to be split across the nine Regional Development Commissions. Applications are assessed under a competitive merit-based process.
The Gascoyne Development Commission will manage the grant round process for this region and will provide advice to applicants during the application process.
RED Grants guidelines and application information
Applications for the RED Grant round are currently closed. Applications will be assessed on a competitive basis within each region and eligible applicants can apply for RED Grant funding of up to $250,000 for individual projects.
RED Grant proposals submitted should demonstrate alignment with the following regional priorities:
- maximise job creation and improve career opportunities in the region
- develop and broaden the economic base of the region;
- identify infrastructure services needed to promote economic and social development within the region;
- provide information and advice to promote business development within the region;
- seek to ensure that the general standard of government services and access to those services in the region is comparable to that which applies in the metropolitan area; and
- generally take steps to encourage, promote, facilitate and monitor the economic development in the region.
To apply, please download the following documents:
For further information on the RED Grants, contact;
To discuss the Local Content outcomes to be achieved with your project, contact;